Backed by Science, Loved by People
Thrive Ice Cream is the next generation of nutrition, backed by science and loved by people. Our mission is to give healthcare providers, nutritionally challenged individuals, caregivers of adults and children with specific dietary requirements, athletes, and others interested in nutrition with as an enjoyable delivery method for nutrition.
Thrive offers complete, balanced nutrition with 24 vitamins and minerals at more than 20 percent of the RDA, nine grams of protein per serving (high quality milk protein isolate), six grams of Inulin prebiotic fiber, four strains of probiotics, including GanedenBC30®. Thrive Ice Cream is kosher, gluten-free, has reduced lactose, is available in no sugar added varieties, and is suitable for a dysphagia diet. It is a proven nutritional intervention in preventing weight loss in high-risk geriatric patients.
Thrive Ice Cream is an excellent source of 24 vitamins and minerals combined with protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber for a complete and nutritionally balanced food.
Thrive Ice Cream has nine grams of milk protein isolate in each serving. Milk protein isolate is the highest quality of protein and helps address additional protein needs for patients in a stressed state to balance energy and protein for steady synthesis state.
Normal Health: .8 – 1.0 gm/Kg Under Stress: 1.2 – 1.5 gm/Kg
Inulin and oligofructose are considered functional food ingredients since they affect the physiological and biochemical processes in human beings, resulting in better health and reduction in the risk of many diseases. Experimental studies have shown their use as bifidogenic agents, stimulating the immune system of the body, decreasing the pathogenic bacteria in the intestine, relieving constipation, decreasing the risk of osteoporosis by increasing mineral absorption, especially of calcium; reducing the risk of atherosclerosis by lowering the synthesis of triglycerides and fatty acids in the liver, and decreasing their level in serum. These fructans modulate the hormonal level of insulin and glucagon, thereby regulating carbohydrate and lipid metabolism by lowering the blood glucose levels. They are also effective in lowering the blood urea and uric acid levels, thereby maintaining the nitrogen balance. Inulin and oligofructose also reduce the incidence of colon cancer.*
- Increase the growth of both bifidobacteria and lactobacillus bacteria.
- Reduce prevalence and duration of infectious Antibiotic Associated Diarrhea (AAD).
- Reduce inflammation and symptoms associated with IBS.
- Exert protective effects to prevent colon cancer.
- Enhance bioactivity and uptake of minerals including calcium, magnesium and possibly iron.
- Lower some risks of cardiovascular disease.
- Promote satiety and weight loss and prevent obesity.
*Kaur N, Gupta
Lactobacillus acidophilus, or L. acidophilus, has been shown to guard against infection and disease. (Dr. Rick Swartzburg, D.C., “Acidophilus,” probiotic.org).
Bifidobacterium is found naturally in the gut’s flora. Its primary purpose is to aid in the digestion of food. (Dr. Rick Swartzburg, D.C., “Bifidobacterium,” probiotic.org).
- Paracasei is found naturally in the gut’s flora and is known to guard against infection and disease. (Journal of Clinical Microbiology 37 (3): 729–33. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 71 (11): 6531–6537. Journal of Applied Bacteriology 74 (3): 314–323)
- First Bacillus to receive FDA GRAS no Objection Letter
- Immune Study found:
- Reduced symptoms of colds and influenza to the point that subjects felt that they weren’t sick (asymptomatic).
- Reduced the duration of the illness by 30-50%.
- Eliminated (at least in this study) complications such as bronchitis and pneumonia
- Completed digestive / immune study in HIV/AIDS patients
- Completed several gut model (validated) studies with the University of Reading (UK)
- Completed several C. Diff studies with Penn State University
- Completed largest study to date focusing on supporting gut health in seniors. There appears to be a number of areas that we have seen positive endpoints:
- Intestinal flora was changed with Ganeden BC30® consumption and a significant increase in Faecalibacterium prausnitzii was seen.
- Saw an increase in IL-10 (anti-inflammatory cytokine)
- Saw an increase in Proprionic and Isobutyric acid (short chain fatty acids)
- Double blind placebo controlled studies
- Crohn’s and Colitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Immune system stimulation
- In Vitro Studies
- Survivability through stomach
- Pathogen reduction
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Protein metabolism
- In an independent lab study of a simulated gastric environment with a pH of 2.0 for two hours, Ganeden BC30® delivered more than ten times the live cells than common probiotic yogurt cultures.
Gut Flora: Ganeden BC30® has been shown in animal studies to reduce overall gram negative counts and increase overall gram positive counts.
All four flavors of Thrive Simply Chocolate, Creamy Vanilla, Fresh Strawberry, and No Sugar Added Vanilla, melt to a nectar viscosity. According to new guidelines set forth by the International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative (IDDSI), Thrive Ice Cream falls into the Mildly Thick category. Learn more about the IDDSI guidelines here.
Thrive is real ice cream, but is thicker due to its higher protein content and the high total solids in the product formula (from fiber and other fortification). Scientific viscosity tests conducted on Thrive Ice Cream by the University of Arkansas were conducted at body temperature. We encourage healthcare providers to use your best judgment in determining which products to give to specific patients. A speech pathologist should be involved in determining what consistencies are most appropriate for individuals on dysphagia diets.
Thrive Ice Cream contains ingredients of the highest quality, including Real Dairy certified milk protein isolate, natural flavors and colors, no high fructose corn syrup and no palm oil. Thrive Ice cream is highly palatable with the rich flavors and creamy texture people expect from real ice cream.